To describe the scope, approach, resources, and schedule of the testing activities. To identify the items being tested, the features to be tested, the testing tasks to be performed, the personnel responsible for each task, and the risks associated with this plan.
A test plan shall have the following structure:
• Test plan identifier. A unique identifier assign to the test plan.
• Introduction: Summarized the software items and features to be tested and the need for them to be included.
• Test items: Identify the test items, their transmittal media which impact their
• Features to be tested
• Features not to be tested
• Item pass/fail criteria
• Suspension criteria and resumption requirements
• Test deliverables
• Testing tasks
• Environmental needs
• Staffing and training needs
• Risks and contingencies