Importance of QA
Importance of Software/Web Testing By Quality Auditor
- QA is the planned and methodical set of activities that ensures that software processes and products conform to requirements, standards, and procedures.
- Processes contain all of the activities involved in designing, developing, enhancing, and maintaining software.
- Products include the software, associated data, its documentation, and all supporting and reporting paperwork.
- QA includes the process of assuring that standards and procedures are established and are followed throughout the software development life cycle.
- Standards are the recognized criteria to which the software products are compared.
- Procedures are the established criteria to which the development and control processes are compared.
- Compliance with recognized requirements, standards, and procedures is evaluated through process monitoring, product evaluation, audits, and testing.
- The three mutually supportive activities involved in the software development life cycle are executive, engineering, and QA.
- Software management is the set of activities involved in planning, controlling, and directing the software project.
- Software engineering is the set of activities that analyzes requirements, develops designs, writes code, and structure databases.
- QA ensures that the management and engineering efforts result in a product that meets all of its requirements.